Sunday, February 10, 2013

What a lovely day!

 Me Painting
Me again!
                                             My Finished Painting
 My Dad (Melvin E. Tays)
 My Dad's final paintings

Our work in the Art Show and Competition at the end of the day.

What a great day! The Plein Air event in Glendale was an awesome success. It was cold and windy, and neither of us won the art contest afterwards, but we had a great time! We got there at around nine-thirty, got registered and then walked around the historic section of Glendale for about a half hour to scout out our spots before getting set up. We found a neat looking church and an awesome tree that we used for our subjects. I think we were out there for about 7 hours painting, and it was chilly out. At one point I had to leave my painting to find a vendor with a stove who would let me stand over it and thaw my hands out. Between the cold and wind, and the realization that I'm not a plein air painter (although with some more practice I think I could do very well at it), i almost gave up on my painting half way through as I thought it horrible and wanted to start over. I buckled down though, and finished feeling that it didn't come out awesome but came out pretty good. The whole experience was a ton of fun and it was really nice to get to hang out and go paint with my dad. I'm also going to have to get out and do some more plein air painting so that when the event comes around next year, I will be ready.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had fun. I saw your finished paintings and thought they were great. I know you have loved painting with your dad since you were in middle school and took your first art class. So great to have something wonderful like that in common with your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I think it would be fun to try to do that again next year and there are all kinds of other art stuff that goes on here that hopefully daddy can get involved in too. IT would be fun to do some of that stuff together.

    ReplyDelete