Thursday, September 26, 2013

What a Summer! : Victorian Wedding part 1

            The past four or five months since I last posted anything have flown by. What an exciting summer! Me and my sweetheart Alan were able to be sealed in the Mesa, AZ Temple on June 28th. It was the most beautiful day. I spent much of my creative efforts leading up to the sealing redesigning my wedding dress from when we were first married in 2009. It was so awesome to be able to do somethings for our sealing that we were not able to do when we first got married. I have posted some pictures of me in my dress that I designed. I created it to model the Victorian time period. The Hat I got from the Renaissance Festival, the fan I inherited from my grandmother (Helen Tays), and I ordered the shoes and jacket online. After all that it seems that I didn't do any designing on the dress, just assemble pieces. The gathered satin around my waist I added on too and extended it down to my hips. I also added the tulle bustle on the back. It wasn't a ton I did on the dress but the whole outfit came together beautifully! To feel like I stepped out of the mid 1800's and be sealed in the temple all on the same day was amazing!

The pictures were taken by my mother-in-law, Ginger Wellard and
by Lindsey Gettler of Lindisima Photography http://www.lindisimaphotography.com/blog/




No comments:

Post a Comment