Saturday, July 23, 2011

Building an Art Gallery in Peppersauce Caves

I'm on the back row to the right and my husband A.J. is on the front row to the left.




Cave art masterpiece #1


Cave art masterpiece #2



Last Saturday my we (my husband and I) and four very awesome friends decided to take a trip down to Oracle to go explore Peppersause Cave. I've never been spelunking before, but I do have to say that it is one of the coolest things ever. From the pitch dark rooms to the rabbit holes and muddy slippery surfaces....I can't wait to go back. As we traversed the dungeonous rooms and tunnels we took note several times of many native cave drawing left behind by the ancient indigenous peoples of Oracle that when studied close seem to take on shockingly similar characterises to gang tagging. What talent these ancient peoples possessed. As I continued to explore I began to notice the large amount of clay with in the cave and decided to create my own art masterpieces for future generations of Oracle and Peppersauce Cave explorers to discover as depicted above. My real goal is going to be to try and find these tiny sculptures again when I go back to the caves.






No comments:

Post a Comment