Sunday, April 13, 2014

Good bye Dining Room, Hello Art Studio!


So, I went to and Art League meeting a couple weeks ago and the guest artist was talking about her early experiences as an artist. She told us that when she started out she and her husband were living in a three bedroom apartment; one bedroom belonged to them, one was an art studio, and the other belonged to their four children. She also said that she was creating at least one painting a week. Feeling quite pitiful at how long it takes me to finish paintings and never feeling like I have enough room to work, I came right home and told my husband that we were getting rid of the dining room and turning it into an art studio. Dining rooms are so over rated anyways. We hardly use it for all the space it takes up.
 All the furniture and stuff got moved over to one side.

 I rolled out plastic on the floor to protect the nice apartment carpet that I don't want to have to pay for when I drip paint and medium on it.

 And also on the table and chairs and wall. That way I can use it as work space and not have to worry about messing anything up!

 And now it looks so awesome!

And I have lots of room to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment